Dog Training for Obedience & Manners
Training that’s Enjoyable, Humane & Positive
Obedience & manners training is for any dog at any age. Sessions are designed for dog parents seeking one-on-one training in the comfort of their own home. All sessions provide hands-on learning and practice. Training is provided using positive reinforcement based methods.
We can help with:
- Foundation Training Skills (Focus, sit, down, come)
- Impulse Control
- Confidence Building for Shy, Fearful or Anxious Dogs
- Leash Walking Skills
- Go to place
- Leave it / Drop it
- Being polite with guests and out in public
- Socialization (Intro to new people, dogs, sounds, & places)
- And much more!
Our approach is to teach owners how to teach, guide and navigate their dogs to success. We do this by providing one-on-one lessons that are customized for each dog and owner. Training is provided using positive reinforcement-based methods and a LIMA approach (Least Intrusive, Minimally Aversive).
What is Positive Reinforcement Training?
Positive reinforcement means reinforcing your dog for doing the right behavior. When teaching a dog skills, we want to reinforce their behavior. When a behavior is reinforced, it is likely to be repeated. Reinforcement can be in the form of treats, toys, praise etc. Through clear reinforcement, practice and consistency, the goal is to get your dog to respond to cues with little to no food.
Benefits of Positive Reinforcement and LIMA Training:
- Proven results for both training & behavior modification for dogs of all ages and breeds
- Training becomes enjoyable for your dog as he/she gets rewarded for a job well done
- Teaches skills while setting boundaries and rules in a clear and consistent manner
- Fosters a powerful relationship between the dog & dog owner using a friendly & humane approach
- DOES NOT USE: physical force, intimidation, fear tactics or electric shock collars.
Why is training a dog important?
Training is important because:
- It teaches dog and owners obedience skills, life skills & social skills.
- Helps create a relationship between the dog and owner.
- Sets clear rules & boundaries.
- Helps prevent problem behaviors.
- Teaches owners about their dog and how to work with and manage their dog in specific situations