ft. Teddy & Journey
Puppy Training That’s Tailored to You & Your Dog
Enjoyable, Playful & Effective Training
Let us start your puppy off right! Our training helps with immediate issues, foundation training skills, socialization and housetraining. Together, we can help set your puppy up to be a confident adult dog and family pet.
About Puppy Training
Puppy training is meant for young puppies as early as 8 weeks old. Our training sessions are designed for puppy parents seeking one-to-one training in the comfort of their own home or at locations such as the park, shopping center, your office, a pet store etc. Training sessions are designed specifically to meet the unique needs of you and your puppy. All sessions provide hands-on learning and practice. Training is provided using humane and positive reinforcement-based methods.
We can help with:
- Foundation Training Skills (Focus, sit, down, come)
- Socialization (Intro to new people, dogs, sounds, & new places)
- Puppy Problems (nipping, chewing, destruction etc.)
- Positive interactions between your puppy and your kids
- Confidence Building for Shy, Fearful or Anxious Dogs
- Impulse Control
- Potty Training
- Crate Training
- Leash Walking Skills
- Go to place
- Leave it / Drop it
- Being polite with guests and out in public
- Assistance in purchasing the right supplies, toys, bones etc.
- and much more!
A Humane & Fair Approach
Our approach is to teach owners how to guide their dogs to success. We do this by providing individual training and/or behavior plans that are customized based on the needs and goals of each dog and owner. All private lessons are one-on-one in the comfort of your home or other location(s) of your choice.
Owners will learn how to:
- Train and work with their dog
- Change behavior and manage behavior
- Understand their dog and why their dog does what he or she does
- Develop an enjoyable relationship with their dog
- Set their dog up for success in and out of the home
- Create clear and consistent rules and boundaries
Why is Puppy Training important?
Puppy training is important because:
- It teaches puppies and their owners about obedience skills, life skills & social skills
- It helps create a relationship between the puppy and owner
- Sets rules & boundaries for the puppy and owner
- Creates a polite family pet
- Helps prevent problem behaviors
- Teaches owners about their puppy and how to work with and manage their puppy in specific situations
Need help before you get your puppy?
Be prepared! Hire us to answer your questions and concerns before you bring your puppy home. Learn more about pre-dog consultations!
Helpful Puppy Information
Frequently Asked Questions
When should you start training a puppy?
Training your puppy should start right away because a puppy is a learning machine! A puppy is most impressionable at a young age. They can learn skills, rules, boundaries, what they like and don’t like all at an early age. To learn more you can read our blog about starting training early by clicking here.
My puppy is very mouthy and nippy, what do I do?
It is normal for a puppy to mouth. Mouthing can occur for a number of reasons. It can occur because:
- A puppy is teething
- The puppy is curious and is learning about the world around them
- The puppy is bored and/or creating its own fun
- Overstimulated and/or overly tired
- Trying to communicate that they are not comfortable
How long does it take to potty train a puppy?
This really depends on how consistent and structured you are with your potty training plan. Some can learn this in a matter of days, while others may take a few weeks or months. A puppy needs to urinate about every 30 minutes to 1 hour and they may defecate about 3-4 times a day. Making sure to bring them out regularly is key to reducing the number of accidents. To learn more on how potty train successfully click here.
Recent Client Reviews
“I had taken 16 weeks of puppy training and had a private trainer several times before I found Anthony. He is amazing. He noticed immediately what we were doing wrong walking Teddy. Teddy was anxious of loud trucks, bicycles and some other dogs. I can’t thank Anthony enough. I have a happier dog and now we all love our walks!”
“I was referred to Anthony before I purchased my puppy. This was my first puppy I ever owned. He helped me organize what I needed to do to prepare for my pup by providing detailed lists of the essentials as well as reading material on training. Anthony is totally engaged in his relationship with both me and my dog. I highly recommend him.”
“We cannot say enough good things about Anthony De Marinis, who has been training our puppy. He uses positive reinforcement techniques and a warm, caring approach when training. Anthony is trustworthy and super knowledgeable. He is a wonderful teacher who takes the time to work with our puppy and to teach us (her parents) simultaneously. He is really amazing.”