Dog Training for Obedience & Manners
Training that’s Enjoyable, Humane & Positive
Obedience & manners training is for any dog at any age. Sessions are designed for dog parents seeking one-on-one training in the comfort of their own home. All sessions provide hands-on learning and practice. Training is provided using positive reinforcement based methods.
We can help with:
- Foundation Training Skills (focus, sit, down, come)
- Impulse Control
- Confidence Building for Shy, Fearful or Anxious Dogs
- Leash Walking Skills
- Go to place
- Leave it/ Drop it
- Being polite with guests and out in public
- Socialization (Intro to new people, dogs, sounds, & new places)
- And much more!
What is Positive Reinforcement Training?
Positive reinforcement means reinforcing your dog for doing the right behavior. When a behavior is reinforced, it is likely to be repeated. Reinforcement can be in the form of treats, praise, toys etc. Through practice and consistency, the goal is to get your dog to respond to cues with little to no food.
Benefits of Positive Reinforcement Training:
- Friendly & Humane
- Enjoyable for your dog
- Sets clear rules & boundaries
- Foster a relationship between you & your dog
- Hands-on approach
- Does Not Use: physical force, intimidation, fear tactics, electric shock collars, chokers & prong collars
Why is training a dog important?
Training is important because:
- It teaches dog and owners obedience skills, life skills & social skills.
- Helps create a relationship between the dog and owner.
- Sets clear rules & boundaries.
- Helps prevent problem behaviors.
- Teaches owners about their dog and how to work with and manage their dog in specific situations.
Training Session Videos
“I was referred to Anthony by a friend. I have had many experiences with other trainers, but Anthony has really brought something different to the table. He is compassionate, patient and loving. My dog, Cali, absolutely loved him. Training was fun with Anthony. Anthony tailored the training to all our needs. We really loved working with him.”
“Anthony & Katie have both been a pleasure to work with for our home training with our Golden Retriever puppy. They provide a variety of training routines for us to practice, are extremely knowledgeable, & have had great advice for any issues or questions that we’ve had. I would definitely recommend !!!!“