Obedience & Manners
Training that’s Enjoyable, Humane & Positive
Do you love your dog? If so, then give your dog the opportunity to enjoy the training process using humane and positive reinforcement based methods! Obedience & manners training is for any dog at any age. Sessions are designed for dog parents seeking one-on-one training in the comfort of their own home. (Online Virtual Training Sessions are also available). Our training plans are designed specifically to meet the unique needs of you and your dog. All sessions provide hands-on learning and practice. All training is provided using humane and positive reinforcement based methods. We will NEVER use intimidation, force, fear or other harmful tactics on your beloved family pet.
What is Positive Reinforcement Training?
Positive reinforcement means reinforcing your dog for doing the right behavior. When a behavior is reinforced, it is likely to be repeated. Reinforcement can be in the form of treats, praise, toys etc. Through practice and consistency, the goal is to get your dog to respond to cues with little to no food.
Benefits of Positive Reinforcement Training:
- Friendly & Humane
- Enjoyable for your dog
- Sets clear rules & boundaries
- Foster a relationship between you & your dog
- Hands-on approach
- Does Not Use: physical force, intimidation, fear tactics, electric shock collars, chokers & prong collars
We can help with:
- Foundation Training Skills (focus, sit, down, come)
- Impulse Control
- Confidence Building for Shy, Fearful or Anxious Dogs
- Leash Walking Skills
- Go to place
- Leave it/ Drop it
- Being polite with guests and out in public
- Socialization (Intro to new people, dogs, sounds, & new places)
- And much more!
Need help with a behavior issue?
Why is training dogs important?
Training is important because:
- It teaches dogs and owners obedience skills, life skills & social skills.
- Helps create a relationship between the dog and owner.
- Sets clear rules & boundaries.
- Helps prevent problem behaviors.
- Teaches owners about their dog and how to work with and manage their dog in specific situations.