Puppy Training That’s Tailored to You & Your Dog
Fun, Positive & Effective Training
Let us start your puppy off right! Puppy training helps with immediate puppy issues, foundation training skills, socialization and housetraining. Together, we can help set your puppy up to be a confident adult dog and family pet.
About Puppy Training
Puppy training is meant for young puppies as early as 8 weeks old. Our training sessions are designed for puppy parents seeking one-to-one training in the comfort of their own home or at locations such as the park, shopping center, your office, a pet store etc. Training sessions are designed specifically to meet the unique needs of you and your puppy. All sessions provide hands-on learning and practice. Training is provided using humane and positive reinforcement-based methods.
We Can Help With:
- Foundation Training Skills (Focus, sit, down, come)
- Socialization (Intro to new people, dogs, sounds, & new places)
- Puppy Problems (nipping, chewing, destruction etc.)
- Positive interactions between your puppy and your kids
- Confidence Building for Shy, Fearful or Anxious Dogs
- Impulse Control
- Potty Training
- Crate Training
- Leash Walking Skills
- Go to place
- Leave it / Drop it
- Being polite with guests and out in public
- Assistance in purchasing the right supplies, toys, bones etc.
- and much more!
What is Positive Reinforcement Training?
Positive reinforcement means reinforcing your dog for doing the right behavior. When a behavior is reinforced, it is likely to be repeated. Reinforcement can be in the form of treats, praise, toys etc. Through practice and consistency, the goal is to get your dog to respond to cues with little to no food.
Benefits of Positive Reinforcement Training:
- Friendly & Humane
- Enjoyable for your puppy
- Sets clear rules & boundaries
- Fosters a relationship between you & your puppy
- Hands-on approach
- Does Not Use: physical force, intimidation, fear tactics, electric shock collars, chokers & prong collars
Need help before you get your puppy?
Be prepared! Hire us to answer your questions and concerns before you bring your puppy home. Learn more about pre-dog consultations!
Why is puppy training important?
Puppy training is important because:
- It teaches puppies and their owners about obedience skills, life skills & social skills
- It helps create a relationship between the puppy and owner
- Sets rules & boundaries for the puppy and owner
- Creates a polite family pet
- Helps prevent problem behaviors
- Teaches owners about their puppy and how to work with and manage their puppy in specific situations
Helpful Puppy Information:
Puppy Problems 101
How to Teach Hand Targeting
How to Help a Timid Puppy
Who is Nervous of his Harness
Restraint Recalls with a Puppy
(Trainer Katie Cameron)
Polite Door Greetings
Start Your Puppy Training Journey Today!
“Anthony & Katie have both been a pleasure to work with for our home training with our Golden Retriever puppy. They provide a variety of training routines for us to practice, are extremely knowledgeable, & have had great advice for any issues or questions that we’ve had. I would definitely recommend !!!!“
“Katie Cameron of De Marinis Dog Training & Behavior has been working with both my 6 month old Wheaten and I for the past 3 months. I found Katie to be extremely knowledgeable about both theory and practice.”
“My husband and I worked with Katie Cameron of De Marinis Dog training for our puppy and had a wonderful experience. Katie was patient and understanding as this was our first time having a puppy and she really took the time to work with us at our own pace. Katie taught us so many great games and techniques that helped us get our puppy on track to be a great family dog.”