ft. Teddy & Journey
Puppy Training That’s Tailored to You & Your Dog
Fun, Positive & Effective Training
Let us start your puppy off right! Puppy training helps with immediate puppy issues, foundation training skills, socialization and housetraining. Together, we can help set your puppy up to be a confident adult dog and family pet.
About Puppy Training
Puppy training is meant for young puppies as early as 8 weeks old. Our training sessions are designed for puppy parents seeking one-to-one training in the comfort of their own home or at locations such as the park, shopping center, your office, a pet store etc. Training sessions are designed specifically to meet the unique needs of you and your puppy. All sessions provide hands-on learning and practice. Training is provided using humane and positive reinforcement-based methods.
We can help with:
- Foundation Training Skills (Focus, sit, down, come)
- Socialization (Intro to new people, dogs, sounds, & new places)
- Puppy Problems (nipping, chewing, destruction etc.)
- Positive interactions between your puppy and your kids
- Confidence Building for Shy, Fearful or Anxious Dogs
- Impulse Control
- Potty Training
- Crate Training
- Leash Walking Skills
- Go to place
- Leave it / Drop it
- Being polite with guests and out in public
- Assistance in purchasing the right supplies, toys, bones etc.
- and much more!
What is Positive Reinforcement Training?
Positive reinforcement means reinforcing your dog for doing the right behavior. When teaching a dog skills, we want to reinforce their behavior. When a behavior is reinforced, it is likely to be repeated. Reinforcement can be in the form of treats, toys, praise etc. Through clear reinforcement, practice and consistency, the goal is to get your dog to respond to cues with little to no food.
Benefits of Positive Reinforcement-Based Training:
- Friendly & Humane
- Enjoyable for your puppy
- Sets clear rules & boundaries
- Fosters a relationship between you & your puppy
- Hands-on approach
- DOES NOT USE: physical force, intimidation, fear tactics or electric shock collars
Why is Puppy Training important?
Puppy training is important because:
- It teaches puppies and their owners about obedience skills, life skills & social skills
- It helps create a relationship between the puppy and owner
- Sets rules & boundaries for the puppy and owner
- Creates a polite family pet
- Helps prevent problem behaviors
- Teaches owners about their puppy and how to work with and manage their puppy in specific situations
Need help before you get your puppy?
Be prepared! Hire us to answer your questions and concerns before you bring your puppy home. Learn more about pre-dog consultations!